A New Year, A New You!

Well I hope the year has sprung forth and is blossoming for you fellow Yoga enthusiasts.
I managed to spill a marmite drink on my new apple computer MacBook Pro, before Christmas and it’s taken me this long to sort it out to start writing my Yoga Blog again. So, as a consequence of my mistake I’ve steeply learnt my first lesson in 2018. Je pourrais pleurer! But there is no point in ‘crying over spilt milk’ as we say here in good ol’ England.
There is a point in filling up your mind with new, exciting information and fun activities though. I say this holistically speaking for your year ahead. How often do you hear ‘slow down’, ‘calm the mind’ ‘sooth the thoughts’? This is all good and true, but for me though, as a Musician, professional Opera singer, Arts Manager and Fairtrade enthusiast “mindfulness” can be just as rewarding by letting in all that is ‘floating and swirling’ around. #learn a new language #smash it on the tennis court #play a round of golf #join that local ballet class you’ve always dreamed of joining.
And do this freely; if like me you’re a bit chaotic once in a while that’s OK too!
The mind is a beautiful thing. Balance comes.
The opposite is true also. As a teacher, it’s in my best nature to guide students through their natural movements towards a better nature with better balance. The practise of Iyengar Yoga is not to push or struggle but to smoothly guide the body and release stresses and anxiety’s through movement. Asanas provide a platform for this kind of natural movement, like dance. You can focus the mind to be more creative, more alert in your everyday lives. The body and mind support each other on this path and we find harmony.
Knowledge has a beginning but no end’ – Geeta Iyengar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2020 ๐Ÿ—บ

What Does This Sunday Mean To You?