Synchronicity



Fascinating episode last night of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's 'Britain's Fat Fight' on the BBC. I've become emotionally involved now as Jonny has been diagnosed with type two diabetes and all credit to him, turns his lifestyle around, as a consequence. I felt like I was there as he crossed the line after his 5K Great North Run. I wanted to help and cheer him on!

Also, I'm enjoying the fact that Hugh and I are building very similar missions. I want to keep following and see the results, very real, for local Newcastle people. Just as I want SingingTreeYoga to address some of those problems here in London.

So many shocking facts emerge around this issue in Great Britain such as obesity being the next biggest cause of premature death, after smoking. The series reveals how so called 'Restaurants' have bottomless deserts and fizzy drinks for Children and how the labelling on food targeted at Children is misleading to say the least. It's logical really that fruit juice sold in bottles exceeds daily recommended sugar intakes.... if you think about it, you're highly unlikely to consume more than 5 pieces of fruit per day and yet these drinks can have twice the amount of fruit in their 1 serving quota.

So I will stew and think more about 'slow' food' and wholefoods. It seems to me that since women have become non-stop career path people both sexes have dropped the ball when it comes to cooking. I certainly have no idea how a working couple based in London, say, would have the time to put healthy, home cooked, wholefood, balanced meals on the table!

'Yoga is like music. The rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind and the harmony of the soul creates the symphony of life'  B.K.S. Iyengar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year 2020 ๐Ÿ—บ

What Does This Sunday Mean To You?